This robust video converter ably packs a number of file formats into the Flash video format and is stylish to boot. The program supports custom output settings and allows you to save your configuration as profile for easy access. Transode your existing videofiles to the advanced FLV format with this free Riva FLV Encoder. And now with deinterlace, image extraction and additional codecs. To view the result Riva FLV Encoder comes with the free Riva FLV Player.
With a graceful, well designed interface that shows its developers care about details, this video converter also offers a healthy set of conversion options. Frame rate, bit rate, and audio-compression options all can be set to your preferences. The program can “cut” video files into JPEG images, if needed.
Riva FLV Encoder features :
- Custom settings for audio- and video-encoding
- Image extraction
- FLV 1.1 (metadata)
- Custom colored borders (Padding)
- Crop parts of the video
- Cutting with a startoffset and a encode duration
- Drag-n-drop of video files directly on the encoder
- Audio parameter check
- Language: english, french and german
Another nice detail is the inclusion of several presets depending on your network type (ISDN or DSL, for example). What’s more, you can easily save settings to save time later. When you use the Riva FLV Encoder in combination with the Riva Producer or Riva Producer Lite you can use batch encoding with the library.
System Requirements :
- Pentium 1,0 GHz or above
- Display with at least 800×600 pixels resolution
- 64 MB RAM or more
- 4 MB available hard drive space
- Windows 98 or better
- FlashPlayer plugin V7 or better for Internet Explorer. Plugin for other webbrowser are nor sufficent
- Windows compatible sound card
Overall, Riva is a great freeware application for Webmasters looking for a reliable (and inexpensive) way to convert video files to the Web.