The BS.Player has always been easy to use and as technically perfect as possible. You have proven that the above statements are true. The BS.Player has at least one huge, yet simple advantage – it simply WORKS! It also uses the processor and RAM very efficiently, and even those with slightly less capable computers can still enjoy quality video playback and perfect sound.
Ever since the very beginning in the year 2000, the BS.Player has been one of the world’s most popular video player. BS.Player is the first software movie player ever to enable its users to focus on watching the movie instead of dealing with poor computer capabilities or running around looking for a proper setting and codec.
The BS.Player has always been easy to use and as technically perfect as possible. You have proven that the above statements are true.
- Fully skinnable windows (Media list, Play list, Equalizer)
- Sound Equalizer
- Bookmarks support (add, edit)
- Multiple audio stream switching
- Frame capture (video to picture)
- Custom aspect ratios
- Plugin support (Winamp DSP plugins and others)
- Chapters support (create, move to, skip)
- Multilingual interface
- Fast forward and fast rewind option
- Frame stepping (playback video one frame at a time)
- Support switching between multiple (different language) subtitles
- Pan-scan and custom pan-scan option
- WinLIRC support (user defineable remote controllers)
- Support for multiple audio streams and switching between them
- Every action can also be assigned to WinLIRC button
- Playback of incomplete AVI files and locked files (files in use, files still downloading or recording)
- Command line support (for example “bsplayer.exe movie.avi -fs” will start playback of movie in full screen mode)
- BSI/INI files support and dynamic DirectShow filters loading (so everything can be burned on CD and played without installing anything)
- Support a lot of subtitles formats (MicroDVD, SubRip, Subviewer…), custom subtitles position, color, font, transparency…
- Almost every action can be assigned to user selected key (even two keys) and different keys can be assigned for full screen and windowed mode
- Support for all popular media formats (audio and video): avi, divx, mpeg 1, mpeg 2, xvid, 3ivx, matroska, ogm, asf, wmv, DV, m1v, m2v, Quicktime mov, mp4, mpv, QT, Real rm, SWF, vob, wav, mpa, mp1, mp2, mp3, ogg, aac, ac3, aif, ram, wma
The installation process checks your system for missing codecs, although you have to opt out of a BS.Player toolbar. We had no issues drag-drop-and-playing various Real, Quicktime, AVI, WMV, and MPEG-formatted videos. Also note that the new Media Library window owes much to iTunes. There’s not much you can do about that, since the included skins only change the look of the dashboard. BS.Player lacks modern ancillary media functions such as seeking out album art, but you can configure ID3 tags natively. If you’re feeling nostalgic for a stable media player with a familiar name but updated look and features, you can be bullish on BS.Player.